The Bhagavad Gita

1.Describe ways in which you feel like Arjuna.

I feel like Arjuna because much like him I do not want to do the duty that I’m supposed to do. In my case this is taking out the trash but in his case it was going to battle.

2.How could you specifically apply the message of the Bhagavad Gita?

I could apply the message that it is trying to convey by embrassing the task that I have to do and see the positive side to the responsibilities that I have even if I dont want to do it.

3.How would the ancient Indian perspective of the Bhagavad Gita be VERY different than the 21st Century American perspective of doing one’s duty?

It is different from the American perspective because they believe that you have multiple opportunities to relive your life and as long as you embrace each one that your given that’s all that matters. However Amercians believe there is only one life to be had unlike what they believe.

5.Now, venture back to ancient India. Think of a way the Bhagavad Gita could be used as a tool of oppression?

It could be used as a tool of oppression if only one person could understand what it says or if the government used it to opress people and make them feel bad about there lives. 

One thought on “The Bhagavad Gita

1. It could be used as a tool of oppression if only one person could understand what it says or if the government used it to opress people and make them feel bad about there lives.

SOLID!! BUT, CHECK YOUR SPELLING